View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Serper2014

Your post really resonated with me.
I am also a Binge Drinker.
For years it was fine, I was fun at parties, I'd never drink during the week unless it was a special occasion.
I even had cycles like you would describe where there would be months where I behaved ... "well" compared to the past.
But people knew when I was at social gatherings I was going to be drunk in a few hours time. (you may know what I'm talking about)

You missed work today, that really sucks.
You feel like crap, it will pass, and you will forget and binge again.

That's the part that you cannot let happen. You cannot forget.

In some cases binge drinking on occasion can turn into full blown alcoholism.
That's what happened to me. I'd give a body part (nothing too major, maybe a toe or two) to be where your at. To be a binge drinker realizing I needed help to stop before I became an alcoholic.

Don't let it progress. I wish you all the luck in the world.

EDIT: I just went back and read the replies AFTER I posted mine. Seems like a lot of people are saying what I'm saying just with different words or experiences. It's true. It really progresses into a nightmare. And most people don't realize it until it's too late (at least too late to recover the years of drinking) . I was visiting my dad in the hospital last week and there was ironically an alcoholic in the same room. He was 34 years old and the doctors came in and told him he had multiple organ failure from his drinking (liver and kidney).