View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 12:26 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Patsyd1

Hi Chy,
This gentleman shared that "everyone" listened and didn't judge him at all at this one AA meeting and that this one guy came over and told him that he wasn't ready for AA yet. I don't know Chy, from what I read that he wrote, "everyone" there respected him, but this one guy. Its just my thoughts, but it might have been nice to allow AA's the "respect" to share with him what their experience is in AA.

Not that it would have changed anything, because no one knows what will help someone else get sober. I know for myself, that I came through those doors confused, angry, lost, hurting. I had a few guys who literally yelled in my face, that I BETTER READ THE BIG BOOK. I didn't like them at all, and in fact I still don't. lol What I did want was to get sober.

Yes I agree with you that we all were pathetic souls before we sought recovery, I know I was. When I wasn't ready to get sober Chy, I would have found that one person whether they were in AA, a Secular program or even right here at SR. When I wasn't ready to get sober, there could have been one hundred and fifty people who would have listened and not judged me, and I would have found that ONE person, no matter what program I went to.
Because it isn't about whether one person had no respect for me or everyone else there that did have respect for me. When I wasn't ready to get sober, it was me, who had no respect for me.

I am not trying to be argumentative Chy, I guess what I am trying to say is that if someone wants to get sober, there is nothing I can say or do to stop them. If someone doesn't want to get sober, there is nothing I can say or do, to stop them.

I do understand what you are saying Chy and I respect your request.