View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 11:33 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Chy

I don't know why this is such a difficult concept. I respect the wishes of others, period. I said in my reminder "this is not to suggest AA is taboo in this forum, just be considerate of the members initial request". If they don't want what we have, what we know to be true for us as individuals let it go or offer another alternative .

Telling them to go back to a meeting when they're not ready, telling them they're wrong is not for us to determine. ESPECIALLY when they've made it clear they don't want to get suggestions about AA. Talk about control when we persist in doing so!

We were all pathetic souls before we sought out recovery. If someone told me I didn't belong there, to go away until I got a reality check screw it. I'd have NEVER gone back, never! I was just like him when I walked in the doors, it wasn't about me at all! We're deluded enough as it is when active, but it is up to us, and us alone to figure out what we need.

It's not that difficult, it really isn't it's called respect.

Originally Posted by NoMoBeer

Chy, you're right -- we should not shove AA down anyone's throat, I just think those of us who have gotten sober in AA get frustrated when folks go to one meeting and decide it's not for them.

Ken
See I don't get frustrated. I just pray they find something. I can choose to get frustrated, or choose to remain hopeful. I work real hard at not letting others rule my emotions, life is to short and they're just not that powerful.

We all get there when we're supposed to and them walking away in search of something else after one meeting is in my opinion HP's way of saying "not your time.. yet".