View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
queenapple

I feel the same way, Sunny. We've been married almost 45 years, my husband had a liver transplant almost 7 years ago after destroying his liver. When I found out a few weeks ago that he started drinking again almost a year ago, something clicked for me too. I just feel done. You could call it detachment, but it actually goes beyond that.

He doesn't realize yet that I feel this way. He's doing an online course for addicts in addition to in-person meetings and sends me all his worksheets. I read his answers but I've heard it all before and frankly, I really don't care what he does anymore. The things he's done over the years have caused serious problems with our children, and when my daughter-in-law wrote him off after our epic family blowup a few weeks ago, I decided enough was enough.

I spilled a lot of family secrets to the people who didn't know them, which opened a whole new can of worms, but at least everything is out in the open and my adult children all understand why I've asked him to move out.(which he has). I should have done this a long time ago. I singlehandedly moved us temporarily to Florida 7 years ago so he could get a liver transplant there, where the waiting lists were shorter, put my own life on hold for months. I could have saved myself a lot of time and effort.

Stay the course.