View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 12:16 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
MythOfSisyphus

It's a nice night here, too. Got a few days off this week, won't work til Friday. My vaca is piling up and I gotta use some or lose some. I went for my nightly walk and it was great aside from the soreness (overdid it with the squats and my legs are like rubber). Glad you could sit out and enjoy the night air. That's something I haven't done much since I quit drinking. It's not that I wouldn't enjoy it, just haven't thought to to it much. Except while camping. In nice weather I generally get in at least 15-20 camping & hiking trips each summer/fall. Many times it's just an overnighter but it's awesome get out in the forest away from the city lights. It's not a densely populated state where I live so once I get out in the woods there are more stars than you could imagine. I will sit by the fire and just watch the flames and the stars all night.

I'm getting to appreciate the silence and just 'being in the moment' a lot more now that I'm sober. As corny as it sounds it's just such a gift to be alive! Maybe I'd feel differently if I had to face the kind of physical pain you do, Davey, but to me it's just so remarkable...our ability to think and feel. Compared to a star we're just motes of dust but even the mightiest galaxy doesn't have our ability to feel and understand itself like we do.