View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 12:03 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
MythOfSisyphus

Welcome! You're not too young at all; in fact you're really wise to be having this conversation here and now, in this place and at this time. I can't think of any problems that get better if you ignore them and substance abuse is no exception. Looking back it's clear that I already had a drinking problem by my sophomore year of college. But denial blinded me to the facts for many more years. In my mid 20's some consequences smacked me in the face and scared me enough to make me quit drinking...for a few months. Naturally I took the break as proof that I didn't really have a problem.

Even as recently as a few years ago I thought a life without drinking wouldn't even be worth living. Most drunks feel the same way. But I can tell you that's the single biggest lie I've ever believed in my life. Life sober is so much more rewarding than I ever would have believed. I was fool to wait so many years to stop.

It's so good to have you with us, Raidersfan13, and you too, wantmylifeback2, and all of you folks have just found us recently. Please know there's hope for a good life free from the chains of alcoholism!