View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 06:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mirage74

Family Issue....still

I'm writing this here bc my father was an alcoholic and my mother currently uses Xanax and drinks. I have 2 alcoholic siblings, both sober. I'm an alcoholic with almost 3 weeks sober. I am in turmoil right now, very angry.

I'll start by saying I am doing my best to completely avoid my mother and sister, due to the fact that I cannot stand them. We live in the same town. IOW, no contact, as best I can.

The problem with this is, the stronger I implement "No Contact", the angrier they get. It's as though they feel I don't have the right to do this. They apparently expect a relationship with me, I do not want one. They apparently refuse to accept this, as if I don't have the right to choose who I have a relationship with. Logically I know I have this right. What drives me crazy is their lack of any respect for this.

It's about control. I'm a full fledged adult and both my mother and sister think I have to do what they want me to do. The more I make it clear, "I don't like you. I'm not interested in a relationship with you", the more they dig their heels in and resist, as if I don't have the right to do that.

I am at wits end. What I really like to do is get a freaking restraining order against them to demonstrate to them their sickness and lack of respect. If they don't respect my boundaries, perhaps they will respect johnny law's. The problem is demonstrating/proving their behavior to the police to justify the restraining order.

I am at my wit's end. I am so freaking sick of this. I had to share this and get it off my chest bc no one I talk to seems to understand.