Thread: Regrets
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SoberHoopsFan

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
Do you have them?

I always get nervous when I sign in and see "notifications pending"...but it was just deeker congratulating me on 7 months. But I started thinking....

My Grandmother has been really sick, but she is on the mend now. I have a pain in my back from sleeping on a tiny camp bed at her house (so I could help out and stuff). My brother skyped us from the US this morning. I started thinking my brother is in the states, my sister went to Australia for a while, I have loads of cousins in England, Thailand, Africa, New York. I have never travelled. I am 34 this year and this is my big regret. Actually, I would love to go to India but my dad was never happy with my plans. And I always felt like I needed his blessing but I don't really. I guess he was afraid I might drink or something. Actually he did say to me a few weeks ago "I guess if you went to India with a volunteer organisation and stayed safe it might be okay". I bet he will change his mind after what happened there last week, but anyway...

I met an old school friend of mine today. She is about to give birth to her first child. I guess I feel like everyone has moved on and I am kind of stuck here. Sorry if I'm not making sense xx
I have tons. I'm 33, unmarried, single, no kids, no house. Most people I went to high school and college with are married, kids, many have purchased homes. Instead, I drank the years away, tried to hang with the younger party crowd, and blew all my money on clubs, drinking vacations, and alcohol. I have nothing to show for what I've done with my life except broken relationships. I believe my only chance to move forward is sobriety, I can't change the past, but I can change what I do going forward. But yeah, I feel like I wasted my life and everyone moved on...