View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hokey

Day 7 ... On anger

When I was drinking, I was consumed with anger. I was angry with my co-workers, I was angry with my bf, I was angry with my family, I was angry with life ... but most of all I was angry with myself. I feel much more serene even at only day 7 of sobriety. I know from past experience that the anger will return and that if I don't deal with it and remember exactly WHY I came here in the first place, that anger will consume me and I will drink.

I know that I must figure out and deal with the root of all that anger, just not today. Today I will not drink, tonight I will go to bed sober. Today I will continue to work on my plan of recovery. I still don't know exactly what that plan is, but I am working on it. I am building my arsenal to fight this monster and much of that arsenal is found at this site. For now, that is what I will do, for now I am not angry, for now I am sober. Tomorrow will be one week, and I am proud to say that. Thank you all for your help and support, this is a wonderful place full of wonderful people.