View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

[QUOTE=desypete;4679597]
i think the lawyer will be advising on the law and what there is in the way of proof, rather than hearsay, family courts are there to try to get at the truths and if partners both have a say as one belives the other one is wrong then out comes up all the personal stuff
Yeah I understand that... in this case it's not about "personal stuff"... The issues that are facts that my crappy lawyer has ignored and not bothered to address to the court are these (with regard to the X)

Arrested for assault
Hidden flasks under kids carseats
Leaving bruises on DD8 when she's with him
Kids showing signs of possible sexual abuse per CPS and their therapist
Suspended from work due to being drunk there...

All factual proof. This isn't a "he said, she said" case.

And THAT is why I am angry.

CPS and my kids therapist are telling me my lawyer is a detriment to my kids based on facts, not personal issues I might have with him.

she just got worse but if i had made the kids not see there mum she could of always used that against me the kids are the ones who will hurt as they love both parents and i have to remember that
Your story is precisely why I too am forced to continue to follow the idiotic parenting plan we have that allows him continued access to my home and to abuse our kids...

Frankly I don't believe that kids loving their parents means that you continue to willingly subject them to abuse... My kids will always love their dad but that doesn't mean he is safe to be with them and that is an important distinction.

Kids do need to come first. And that means protecting them when necessary through legal means. It's just very sad that in this state what that means is you wait until a kid is severely injured or becomes a troubled teen involved in the court system before you consider whether a parent is a threat to them and by then it's really too late...