Thread: How can i help?
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
periwinkle123

Originally Posted by Hope2014 View Post
I imagine a lot more people know than his sister. When I was drinking I thought I was successfully hiding it. Everyone around me knew, but didn't say it. There's no shame in going to your family for support. You need as much support as possible. Is your husband willing to get help before the baby comes?
Yea, that's possible. Either way, I feel like that's not a conversation I'm ready to have.. My family is one where if they knew, we would know it. All hell would break loose. So not really something I want to handle on top of everything else..
Yes, with his probation violation they are going to have him do some kind of treatment. He has tried the group classes before and didn't really find them beneficial, but he's been willing to try some kind of outpatient program. He just doesn't want to be put on any kind of pills. He's been reading a lot and taking natural organic things that help ease withdrawals and detox your body. So he has been very proactive and I am very proud of his progress.. Especially considering how much he was using. & that he basically cut everything off within a span of like 5 days.. But yea. He has a friend that got clean and has been there for him to talk and support him through these feelings and encouraging him to exercise and keep a healthy diet & Etc.. Just some days are harder than others I guess, & he'll be very depressed and hopeless and distant..