View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Stoogy
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by megacrankcase View Post
Yesterday was my 48th day of sobriety, and it was the first time I was really, REALLY tempted to drink. It was a close call, but I did not do it.

My ex and I talk nearly every day. I still love her desperately, but she has remarried. She was good enough to talk to me for nearly an hour last night. Giving me encouragement.

My problem is, I am so alone. No family at all, no friends who do not drink or get high. Well, one, but he is busy a lot of the time.

People will recommend AA, but I tried it a few times, and for reasons I won't go into here, I can not and will not go back.

Last night was a major victory. A battle won in the war. It sure ain't over, but I am pleased that I have made it this far.
Firstly, well done, 48 days is no easy feat and you deserve a lot of credit.

I am much like yourself were AA is simply not for me, there are many people who it suits and that is absolutely fine, but when we choose not to venture down that path for whatever's reason we need to try to install as good a game plan as possible. Mine was to try my very best with my exercise regime and to balance my diet along with cutting out as much sugar as possible.

Well done and I wish you the best.