View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 03:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
FireSprite

These updates about your IL's & SD always break my heart, but this one is particularly horrifying to me. This comment is "up there" on the list of Most Awful Things Anyone Could Say To A Child & after everything that your SD has been through up to this point, just flat-out emotional abuse. ESPECIALLY to a child with a history of self harm!

I know I've said this before in your posts so I apologize for sounding like a broken record, but WHY are you allowing SD to have contact with the IL's at all?? Don't you think at some point you have to throw up your hands & admit you can't control stopping them from this kind of behavior but you CAN stop allowing her to be in the line of fire? No judgment, but I'm honestly curious about what the "pro's" are to allowing continued contact.... does SD get a lot of positive support from them in other ways that we just don't see/hear about in your posts? (which I could understand given the nature of an online forum) Does your husband attend therapy or a support group or anything?