View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 09:12 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
markdara91298

Today my son said he's leaving the Salvation Army rehab. He said everyone is doing drugs in there. I doubt it, but positive some are. The place is a dive not what he is use to. He's had out of pocket rehab. They were plush. He's very uncomfortable there. He said he's not gonna make it there. I stayed strong and said it's your choice.....don't waste another day there and just take the prison time. I said the bottom line is drugs are everywhere and until you walk away from them they will always be your temptation whether there or civilian life. I believe this is his bottom. He's never been homeless or in an environment where he knows no one: especially those who have no family and are completely homeless. I reminded him if he left home was not an option and if he came I was calling the police. I encouraged him to stay but at this hour I don't know if he stayed or left. Again my higher power (Jesus Christ) is carrying me through this today. I've surrendered my son to Him. I'm worried for him but know I can't let it consume me. I have to continue to let go and let God take this wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery