View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
markdara91298

I arrested my son feb 27 for stealing and pawning many items from our home. I had no other choice than to make him accountable for his actions. He's been in jail since that day. This past Wednesday he was transported from jail to a 6 month drug rehab at the Salvation Army not to far from home. This was court ordered. He had no clothes and ask if I would bring him some. I did. My stomach knotted up as I pulled up seeing the homeless sitting on the steps waiting for a meal and my son next door in the treatment center. I rang the doorbell and to my surprise my son answered. My heart pounded and I hugged him and cried. I gave him his things and stayed maybe 15!minutes. I know I did the right thing. I don't know if he can make it there but I know that's his choice. He told me people are using drugs in there. I told him his alternative is 3 years in prison. I can't control his destiny but after seeing him today my heart ached tremendously. It looked like chaos. Homeless in the steps band inside them just hanging around. I really don't want to see him like that, but he's had opportunities at paid for rehab centers. I believe this is where God wants him so he can visualize where he can be next....homeless and begging for a place to sleep and food to eat. I want to support his needs but not make it comfortable for him. I'm trying to be strong. Dumb me gave him clothes and $25. I hate giving him money and was upset afterwards that I did that. Any help on how to handle this situation. I don't want to enable one more day but so want to offer my love and support. Any advice appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery