Old 05-23-2014, 05:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by Charmed3 View Post
I hope this doesn't sound terrible but I am thankful for the weight loss during the stress of the last year.

2-1/2 years ago I had a very serious medical condition. After numerous ER trips and a week in the hospital I was diagnosed with a rare temporary condition in the blood vessels of my brain. The fix was steroids and BP medications for almost a year which equals huge weight gain.

Unfortunately the weight doesn't just come off when you get off the meds and my doctor said it would just take time. I had been watching my calorie intake and excercising but it wasn't coming off near as fast as I wanted it to. Whenever I get stressed out my metabolism kicks in to high gear (nervous energy?) so in the last year, even while eating well, I have been able to lose all of the weight I gained from the steroids.

With all the other problems I have, the weight was the least of my worries but it feels good to be back to my regular size and have my brain be healthy at the same time.
Doesn't sound terrible at all--- when you feel good physically and are happy about how you look it helps...

I have always been thin but the stress of the last year made me almost skeletal for a while quite unintentionally... the last few months I have gained some weight and look healthy again and feel good and it has helped emotionally to feel I look decent physically... So I totally get it.