Old 05-22-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Bizarre things we are grateful for in life post A :)

I know there was a thread a while back about this... Things a normie would not know or even think of, right?

So here's a new addition to it... Things we are grateful for in life post A...

On a date last night (while girls were blissfully with their babysitter who they adore so it was as much as treat for them to have her at my house as it was for me to have a couple of adult hours out) and he had two beers over maybe 4 hours...

I noticed this.

And it's probably not "normal" that I did, but goodness, it's nice to spend time talking, laughing, dining with someone who actually enjoys the conversation and my company and I his, and alcohol doesn't play a headlining role in whether he can enjoy himself or whether I can enjoy my time with him...

I cant really think of any date or outing with xAH when we met, dated, married etc... that didn't revolve around alcohol.

I was in my young 20's when I met him, had not really drank at all until I met him and felt like I was weird for not being a partier when I was in college...

So I figured the constant drinking and dates that involved drinking was "normal" for young adults...

Sigh... lesson learned...

Anyway, maybe this sounds like a silly thing to be grateful for but I am grateful for being able to spend time with someone I like a lot and not have alcohol be a concern in any way, shape or form....