View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Reformation

Hello everyone, new person here.

Hows it going folks, i made an account here about 2 years and dont think i posted. Needless to say the last 2 years have been drinking ones...

I've stopped drinking again and thought i might as well say hello and ask a few questions.

My drinking has got less and less over the past few months but i was just about able to maintain my sanity but i wasnt really living, id got 2 or 3 days and then have a massive binge which would take me a few days to recover from, so in my head it was ok because i wasnt drinking every day... I used to run my own business with staff but have managed to lose that and am no living in a ****** way but you know, this is all nothing to do with alcohol it just been bad luck and 'the market'! Yes of course it wasnt alcohol ;-))

So anyway ive made the decision to quit alcohol altogether, i cant have 1 or 2 drinks, if i start i drink to annihilation and until i pass out. Theres clearly a big problem here that i cant control myself.

I'm on day 4 at the moment and feel ok, very motivated but also very weird and vacant. I have pounding headaches, greasy sweaty nights (lovely...) and feeling very lost, for want of a better word.

I guess some questions i had are how long until things normalise and have people here managed to go and do significant things or have i done some permanent damage to my brain? I obviously dont feel as sharp as i used to but im worried ive knackered my brain, or is this just the fact i havent had a drink in a few days and im anxious about not drinking ever again?

Im not going to AA and im sur ei want to, but if anyone has any advice on staying sober and if things get better then i'd really appreciate it!