Old 05-20-2014, 05:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by involved View Post
In my past...during our nasty custody/divorce case..a guardien ad litem was assigned..this is an person who is looking out for the childrens best interest in the divorce....you can request this put in place...and also another tool was that the only communication was done thru a notebook that went back and forth. That way there is less chance of the children over hearing mommy and daddy argueing. I must be mistaken but I thought you had said he only had visitation on the drive to school..
He drives the kids to school when he shows up and is sober. So not everyday. And he comes one day a week and sees them. It was 2 weeks ago when he was visiting them that he called me asking about homework for D8 and used it as an opportunity to rage at me about his drinking costing him his job.

But I am guessing that on the morning drive since then that ranting has continued.

The kids aren't overhearing us arguing bc I am not in the same space with him nor talk to him when they're around for there to be arguing.

Isn't this triangulation stuff? He rants about the harm I am causing him to the girls, makes them feel they have to stay quiet about it and keep their fears secret and then it comes out and I am horrified and shocked that he's doing this to them...

I am waiting for the T to call me back. I am not even going to mention to xAH that the kids have shared this all with me since it will do no good.

I don't think this is run of the mill nasty divorce stuff imho... This is me divorcing a narcissistic alcoholic who now that he cant abuse me, appears to have moved on to his own kids....

Ive suggested to my attorney that a GAL be appointed and my attorney is dragging her feet doing NOTHING at all so I am waiting for the next court date to ask the judge myself to appoint one.

However I think the statements from DCYF, the co parenting counselor and the kids counselor all make it pretty clear that he has issues so I think supervised visits are in his near future...