View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 06:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
makomago

I am powerless over the effects of alcoholism and other dysfunction because I adopt the 14 traits of ACAs without conscious choice, those traits are my reactions.

Those traits are how I act and behave, they have been and can be my way of being. I did not chose to be that way, I became that way because I learned to survive by using them.

However, they have become a problem, my problem and THE problem;

My life is unmanageable which is the problem, because the symptom of my unmanageable life is ‘THE Problem’ (the adapted 14 traits).

So I am happy to admit that I am powerless over those effects of alcoholism and other family dysfunction (the 14 traits) and I can see my unmangeable life manifest in the use of those traits and attempts I make at control, my codepence issues, my inability to identify feelings, my people pleasing, my obsessions, my unwarranted feelings of guilt and shame (all part of my [definition of] insanity).

I wish to find a better way to live; a life free of hamful, unhealthy reactions and one of healthy choice. For that I am responsible.

God… grant me the serenity to accept the past I cannot change, the courage to change the future I can and the wisdom to start today!