View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 01:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
ChrisMan

Renee,

It has been a very big struggle for me, too, and I am still adjusting. For now, I like reading and going to the library and also museums (you can see what a wild party animal I have become!). A long time ago (like 25 years ago) I was into model building and always wanted to work on more complex models (maybe complex ship models or something like that) but never did. Now I feel myself wanting to do that again and I think I might get into that. I actually like cooking too and want to get better at it. I am thinking of trying out some more elaborate recipes as a hobby. Every now and then I go out to dinner with a friend.

One recovery book I read says, "Addicts don't know how to have fun." And how true that is. I still feel like a baby at home, slowly venturing out and doing things like "normal" people do. One day at a time, I guess.

Somewhere out there is a hobby or other interest just waiting to be discovered and appreciated by you. I wish you all the prayers in the world on this exciting journey!

Time2Surrender -- thanks for the link -- I saved it right to my favorites. Now I "own" the book -- thanks!

ChrisMan