View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Soberella66

To answer your question Sobrietea, at the fourth LR meeting I went to there was a very disruptive man there who claimed to have been 'in Lifering' for many years in another state yet his behavior and demeanor felt he was there just for kicks to prey on people or cause a ruckus just for 'something to do'. He was very manic, spoke out of turn and laughed at inappropriate times. Towards the end of the meeting he honed in on me and began asking very personal and inappropriate questions about my love life.
The fact this made this experience more scary than say within 12-Step mtg. was this man couldn't necessarily be tracked down through a fellowship or through his sponsor and reprimanded or talked to; anyone can come to a LR mtg falsely represent themselves and cause problems, and disappear, that's what bothered me the most about that experience and by that time I was already decided f2f mtgs weren't for me, so that experience just stuck the nail in the coffin.
This is a random experience, Im sure that happens only in once a great while and don't let it sway you against LR, there are weirdo's in every support group. Just go with a solid shield of armor against the bad folks and it sounds like you might already have that skill