View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
OpioPhobe

One thing I would like to add is that a good part of my strategy is based on my DOC (heroin). I don't have to worry about easy access to it. There isn't going to be a 'heroin' aisle at the supermarket that I have to worry about. Nor are there any establishments where I would be tempted to go shoot up with a bunch of random junkies. If alcohol had been my DOC then I would have to be much more guarded and vigilant because I would be constantly bombarded with temptations every day. With the H I would have to pre-plan my relapse and it would take a considerable forethought. If alcohol had been my DOC then I would be concerned about acting impulsively in situations where I let my guard down.

I do avoid alcohol at all costs as well, but that isn't a terrible burden because I don't have the desire to drink.

I look at it like a tiger in a sense. If I lived in a place where I expected to run into a tiger multiple times a day I would absolutely be vigilant. Otherwise I would be tiger breakfast. However, that isn't where I live. If I decided to use again it would be equivalent to driving over to the zoo and climbing in the cage with the tiger.