View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
SoberLife2014

I heard the word "vigilant" several times yesterday, and I almost never hear it usually. I looked it up and Dee is right. It basically means to be aware of danger or difficulty. I honestly thought it meant something else. I still stick to my original post, however, I always try to remain vigilant too. I know there are certain times of the day when I need to be careful about being around alcohol. I also know that, for me, urges come in waves. Not just little waves, but week long waves that get bigger and bigger until they break. I haven't had one of those weeks for a while but I try to keep in mind that one might be lurking around the corner. I was thinking the other day how easy it'd be to impulsive. I feel strong now, but I'm aware how easy it'd be to slip if I were at a party or somewhere where alcohol was easily accessible. I don't think I'll ever be able to let down my guard, but it's a lot easier keeping that guard up than all the time, money, and lying I did to hide my alcoholism.