View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 05:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
An Update of Sorts

Once they're crackers, they stay crispy. -- Rule Number One when it comes to dealing with a person with Borderline Personality Disorder

Run. Run the other way. Run the other way as fast as you can. -- Rule Number Two

This past weekend, my AXGF attempted to call me from another phone when she figured out she couldn't contact me from her phone. Within a period of 36 hours, she tried calling me 5 times.

So I did something I thought I wouldn't do: change my number.

Checkmate?

During the past several days, I thought a lot about my past relationship with her and the decisions I made to get involved with someone when I was still grieving the loss of my previous relationship. In hindsight, she knew I was vulnerable when we met, and she took full advantage of that. When someone is f**king your socks off and being very attentive to your emotional needs, you tend not to think about that previous relationship as much. What getting involved with my AXGF did was take me away from grieving. And that decision, a reckless and foolish decision, is all on me.

In time, my AXGF's core started to reveal itself. She waited, of course, to tell me about her history of substance abuse, but by that time she had her hooks in me so it didn't matter. And then her Borderline core started coming out...slowly at first, but once off the opiates it came out pretty quick.

And here I am, almost four years later, still dealing with her bullsh*t. My moment of weakness has had tremendous consequences. At the same time, though, I look back and can see where and when I went off the rails. And as much as her behavior is directed at me, at the end of the day, I can't take it personally. She's simply being her. She's a severe Borderline with substance abuse issues that has not, and will not, address any of the behaviors and tendencies that cause pain to others and herself. She'll never change.

Now that my number has been changed, that brings an end to the phone calls. Time will tell if it brings an end to the harrassment.

ZoSo