Thread: No no no....
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
9111111....LOl...first of all I draw from a long lifetime of experience ...with men and relationships. There is also the fact that long hours have been spent on personal issues, her marriage, his divorce, etc.... Men don't generally choose to spend a lot of time engaged in these kinds of issues unless they have an agenda at a personal level. Plus...he knows that she is married and in a very difficult situation in her marriage. Don't tell me that an attractive, financially prosperous man can only seek out a beautiful and vulnerable woman to talk to about these things.....(oh, give me a break).

Also, just because Liz want to categorize it as adult, general conversation..doesn't mean that he doesn't have a hidden agenda for himself. Even Liz knows that it is more...because she has been having relationship fantasies about him.

Maybe I can't prove this in a courtroom...but, I sure would bet m y kids milk money on it....

dandylion

P.S.--I know very well how we can get "clouded" when we are emotionally starved and vulnerable.
According to my sister, this man is quite open about his past and his troubled marriage while he was serving in the military, and his other problems and openly shares about it with anyone willing to listen, man or woman. She said he's like an open book. So, with that said, I'm not reading into anything on his part. He's a nice guy and I don't plan on continuing contact with him other than mailing him the book I promised to send.

Honestly, even if I were to file for divorce today, I know I would not be ready for any type of relationship with a man. I have too much at stake with my son and his needs and schooling him and trying to make a living. I know what my priorities are. This man just became a distraction mentally because it felt good. I get that and that's why I shared it here. There are lessons to be learned.

My mother cheated on my father when I was in high school and wound up marrying the guy...after my dad found them on the couch together and they eventually divorced. I knew at that point in time that I would never do that to my children(well, child, lol). I have always had the belief that if you go searching for a relationship outside your marriage, then you should have the grace to let your spouse go and then move on with your life. Again, this is the reason I shared it here: to hold myself accountable, to bring awareness to what I was feeling, and to search my heart and find the answers to where I need to work on myself for the future. You guys are always so good at being honest and forthright. I appreciate that and that's also the reason that I titled this thread the way I did.