Thread: No no no....
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 07:46 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by 9111111 View Post
Dandylion, this is not meant as a criticism but more for giving myself a reality check here - they way I understand it, they are just talking like normal friends do. What leads you to your conclusions?
Agreeing about us just talking as friends. Also, I wanted to add this to the story as well. This man has met my mother and stepfather every time they go visit my sister in Denver. My mom happens to be there now visiting from the east coast. She ran into this guy while at church with my sister, and they chatted and eventually she invited him to her house in VA and told him they'd teach him about organic gardening and beekeeping, etc. She revealed this all to me before I even told her that I had spoken to him a few times these past weeks. He told her, "Oh, I was talking to Liz this past week and we were discussing your farm and I would love to come visit." So, one of the texts yesterday was this, "Hey, I ran into your mom and she invited me out to the farm when I go back east to visit my kids this summer. I'm hoping to be able to learn some things from them and really look forward to the visit." As I see it, the guy just likes to be friends with people. He's been friends (just friends) with my single sister for 2 years now and also with all of the women in a divorce care group at her church.

My issue is what is going on in my mind where I create an alternate reality/fantasy about something that isn't real and isn't ever going to be real. Other people suggested taking a look at what's going on in my marriage or where I see myself in 10 years with my marriage. I already know I'm staying until I can get some finances squared away, get things organized as far as my son's schooling goes since I want to continue to homeschool him, get a good resume written (this is next on my list), etc. I do not have any hope for my marriage right now. My AH has made it clear that he does not want to quit drinking and cut off communication with me and even with our son to some degree. And, I think I've made it clear to myself that I don't want to live with active addiction much longer. AH gets his interlock off in July and I am not sure I'm going to handle that very well. I have a lot of things to think about and a life of my own to plan for now.