View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 03:29 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Ananda

That is what I have to work on...

We are a 2 person office. When I delegate to the other person, she checks back every little step of the process and it just doesn't seem to work. She isn't independent and lacks the confidence to just take it on. I have permission to hire a student hourly, but I'm really a poor person at choosing the right employees...has never worked well.

But! On the bright side! I did hire one really good employee once and did delegate A LOT to her (mostly cause at that time I was off on family medical leave and missed 3 months twice in about 18 months...so she had to do it).

I stayed home and cried for several hours and so woke up sober but shaking with some anxiety. I have always struggled with that when I get discouraged I go supper down...I get paranoid...I emotionally react inapproprietly. But it actually only lasts 6 hours tops...but I've learned you can destroy relationships and really create havoc in 6 hours (LOL).

My boss has really helped by taking the lead on some of the budget stuff (which is my favorite part, but something he is capable of doing with very little help from me) and several professors will be placing their own orders and getting reimbursed IF I tell them it's ok...I'll do that today.

I even think I may be developing a new face to face friendship with the woman who came to clean my house with her husband. You probably remember my "drunk housekeeper" time (and Rach died from this disease about 6 months after I had to fire her). This couple are not drinkers and seem like just steady nice people. The wife has emailed me several times now and said that she hopes we will stay in contact

OK ... gotta go try and clean up some work emails so I'll be a bit less overwhelmed when I go in this morning.

Thanks for being here Dee. I know you know it matters (hug)