Thread: Becoming
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 05:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
MythOfSisyphus

Originally Posted by RaiseAnchor View Post
You're at your senior year and it really sounds that you have a vested interest in accounting. Many students in my classes were very apathetic and had poor reasoning for being there (their parents wanted them to major in something useful). You have to want it. The shift from the classroom to working for a public firm, private company, or the many other places the profession can take you is dramatic. It is rarely exciting, but it can be and usually is challenging. Having the critical thinking skills that philosophy provides can be very beneficial along the side of accounting work.

I am in support of you finishing your accounting degree, but also continue pursuing philosophical material as a personal interest. Also, keep on keepin' on with your sobriety!

Just to clarify I'm not majoring in Accounting, it's just an area I have to study to get my Bachelor's degree in Business Administration. Accounting is kind of interesting in the way a sudoku in interesting but there's no way I could handle doing it for a living! No, I'll probably continue on a chef but with some options for a GM job down the road. That's why I chose Business Administration. Apropos of nothing I'm a few credits shy of an AAS in Information Security, too.