Thread: No no no....
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 03:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

No no no....

Oh boy, I've stepped into a mess in my own head. I could use some ESH. Long story short:
I met a guy 1.5 years ago, a single friend of my sister's who happens to be my age and is retired from the Marines as a helicopter pilot and now owns his own franchise business in her city(she lives 13 hours from me).

My sister had a crush on him at the time so I remember talking to him at a party and liking him as a person and thought he was a nice guy, but that was it. I was checking him out....FOR HER...really, I was!

He friended me on FB shortly after that but he didn't seem to be on there much so I didn't even notice him. Recently, he's been on FB more and had commented on one of my posts about investing and interest rates. He told me he'd love to talk about it over the phone.

We went back and forth with a few FB messages and finally I called him 2 weeks ago. We wound up on the phone for nearly 2 hours and talked about EVERYTHING. My issues, his divorce, his kids, my kid, religion, the economy, blah blah blah. It was exhilarating to talk to an adult and not feel judged and to feel like someone else is on the same wavelength as you.

He knew I was reading a book and wanted to know what I thought of it when I finished. So, I finished it this weekend, texted him and we've gone back and forth a few times today. Totally harmless stuff. Honestly, it really is harmless but in my mind, I've created a scenario where we wind up together forever in a cute farmhouse with a white picket fence!

GAH! What is wrong with me??? I mean, I'm still married. This guy lives 13 hours away. I know it's just fantasy but I need to focus on the present and getting my life squared away so what am I doing getting distracted mentally by a man who isn't even a part of my real life. There is a part of me, though, that thinks: well, if there are other guys out there like him, that at least gives me hope that I won't be alone for the rest of my life!