Thread: It Never Ends
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zoso77 View Post
Thank you for the thoughtful response, YFM.

There is quite a bit about my AXGF that I haven't shared on these pages, and quite a bit about the fallout of the breakup I haven't shared, too. It is enough to say that what I do for a living is considered "sensitive", and it is also enough to say she pulled some stuff that put my career in jeopardy two years ago. And that's why I am automatically concerned. If you really want to know, you can PM me.

For what it's worth, I leave my phone downstairs at night, ringer off.

If your AXH is Borderline, then you appreciate and understand the level of sadism just a person is capable of. The target is off my back, and I intend to keep it that way. Maybe you're right: maybe this is throwing me off too much. Maybe in a few months time, this won't resonate as much.

But right now, at this moment, she's scares the sh*t out of me. I know what she's capable of. And based on that, I'm going to do what I feel is appropriate to protect myself.

ZoSo
In my encounter with BPD I experienced a person that took pleasure from projecting and making me feel their pain by trying to destroy me. As long as they hurt and don't find another "object" the insanity would not stop.
I used to believe that by not-reacting I would speed up the transition to another object. Unfortunately NO reaction was interpreted as A reaction, and efforts increased.
The anxiety and trauma that come from dealing with untreated bpd might be hard to understand for those who haven't experienced it first hand, but there are good lawyers and other sources of support out there. I'm sorry to see that this doesn't seem to be over yet, but I'm glad you're taking measures to protect yourself.