View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 02:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Stung

Okay, I just have to say that being successful at recovering from alcoholism is like asking someone how they win at life. There is no distinguished finish line here or point of "success".

My husband and I are separated and have been for a few months and he's moving back in soon. Things are much better for him, me and our children. We contine to work on ourselves daily and our marriage and family benefits from our efforts, but it is work and its uncomfortable sometimes not to mention that our individual therapy sessions, Soberlink, child care during therapy, etc. is also costing us an extra $2k a month. All that and he could move back in and start drinking a week, month, year, 10 years later. I'm proud of my husband for working so diligently to become a better person. I'm proud of myself too and I'm VERY aware that I'll never stop working on myself.

When I first found this site one of the first things I did was search for happily ever after stories of families with alcoholics. But now...I'm not even sure what happily ever after would look like.