View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 06:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
meggygoround30

Lightbulb Jobs on the line?

I've been at my job for almost seven years, basically the entire time I was with my XAB . The entirety of last year was total hell and my job was on the line. I was late all the time, mostly because I had zero energy and didn't want to get out of bed. But I knew if I made it to work I would be able to take my mind off of it for a few hours.

My boss started to verbally warn me about being late. Then I got a written warning. Then a second one. Before the third warning I talked to a woman in human resources and mentioned I was having a hard time because my boyfriend is an alcoholic. She wasn't helpful because I was still in denial and had no idea what to do. She basically told me to read the big book and think about if I want to stay with him. Literally 10 minutes after that meeting I get called into my managers office and got my final written warning. Basically if I'm late once in an entire year I'm fired. Meanwhile, I was also being physically abused and didn't have the courage to tell anyone. Now a year later I still have said job but barely hanging on.

I wanted to write my managers an email thanking them for not giving up on me. They knew something was up but only so much they can do. I also wanted to see if they would put some hotline numbers in employee spaces on a bulletin board. That would have helped me because I wasn't comfortable talking to them with my job already on the line. My work also has something called Wellness Week where each month there are different topics for wellness for employees. It's sponsored by our insurance company. I wanted to know if they could add something related to substance abuse/domestic violence and it's a science museum so could be related to science.

I don't know if this is really inappropriate for me to email them. What do you think? Have you had similar experiences with your job?