View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 04:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
It Never Ends

< sigh >

As some of you may know, my darling AXGF has sent unwanted text messages and pictures several times over the past year or so. And I believed I had solved that problem by using the "Block" feature on my iPhone.

That worked for 3 months.

Starting back in early March, I started receiving phone calls from someone who came up as "No Caller ID" on my iPhone. I would do either one of two things: hit the ignore button, or let it go to voicemail on its own. The person in question never left a message, even if they were calling twice a day. Naturally, I had suspicions as to who the mystery caller was, but I was content to keep doing what I was doing.

That changed this past weekend. I received two late night phone calls this past weekend while I was in bed. Telemarketers do not call at these hours. The people in my life do not call at these hours unless it's an emergency. No, something was up. I learned Apple, with iOS 7, changed the message from "Blocked" to "No Caller ID" when a someone who didn't want you to know who they were was calling.

Through the wonders of modern technology, I've been able to determine the identity of the mystery caller. Care to take a guess?

< banging head on desk >

Yes, she's an addict. Yes, she has a character disorder. I can view any of her behavior, past and present, through those filters and walk away with an intelllectual understanding of what her deal is. There's no mystery. She's as sick as sick can get.

But the intellectual part can only take you so far. So allow me to vent.

I have earned the right to live my life the way I want to live it. I have made several accomplishments that I take tremendous personal pride in. And it is no coincidence that those accomplishments happened after my AXGF was out of the picture. Yes, there is a causal relationship between her leaving and me prospering. She was the one that left me for someone in The Fellowship. She was the one that was ugly on her way out the door. Which, truth be told, was fine with me because she allowed her true self to be shown once and for all. Her sadism and belated honesty was a gift, one I readily and thankfully accepted.

I wish no ill will on her. She is one of God's children. One of the most f**ked up and wretched of those children, yes, but one of God's children nonetheless. And if she just simply went away, that would be best for both of us.

The problem is...she's not going to go away. Not willingly.

At this moment in time, I believe I have forced into taking the appropriate legal actions that are available to me in my state. My conduct and my behavior will, naturally, stay inside the lines. But when a mosquito needs to be swatted, one should swat hard.

ZoSo