View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 11:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
zjw

I feel your pain I cant control my thoughts half the time either. I do really well then my mind races out of control and i obsess over stuff. Drinking however is no solution when I drank i had the same problems only more.

You have to be careful if your drinking and then lieing about it thats going to lead to guilt and shame and then probably more drinking to cope with that then more problems etc.. You probably know the drill. If you nip this in the bud now however You wont have to worry about that.

I used to tell myself earlier in sobriety I may have a ton of problems today but thank god drinking is not one of them!!

So think about that for a second you got thoughts you cant control you got urges you got issues. Dont make drinking one of these dont put that one on the list too it'll just make matters worse.

Even if your like me where I sat there cursing my life cursing all my problems the racing thoughts this that the other thing i was so angry and I thought Ya know I got this HUGE mess But at least i'm sober I got a lot of problems but today TODAY drinking is not one of them and thank god for that!