Old 04-25-2014, 06:07 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
DocSobrietist

Originally Posted by BlueChair View Post
Its more aligned to what we were taught but how does it feel to you?

Edit to say this sounds like something you could also present in your counseling session with the doctor, to help guide the interaction.

I would also take your time in figuring out what actions you want to take IF your request/boundary is broken. Its more complicated because you have children.
Simultaneous post there.

It feels actually a little better than my first draft. Feels less accusatory, more just, "hey, I have to stop letting myself be a punching bag here, and here's how I plan to do it." Although we don't have much savings, we can do this with cheapo hotels, maybe me spending some nights at a friends house locally, etc.... would have to eventually explain this to the kids. Or, I could drop the having her leave a couple nights a week (or me leave) during their nighttime routines. That does disrupt their routine, badly. I added it in because it's just terrible having her around mostly doing the ignoring thing with the kids there (she tones it down a little when they're around).

I absolutely plan on trailing it at the therapy session. I have a fear that when I bring this up, she'll immediately (as if to just one-up me and keep me utterly off balance, and probably to a certain degree just up the ante in the power struggle) immediately start talking about divorce again, although I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised. I plan on announcing at the outset that if divorce talk happens at the therapy session on Monday, I will leave the room and sit in the waiting room. This has to get worked out first.

-DrS