View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 09:07 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
I love what dandylion said!

Your situation is very familiar to me in many ways. I determined that he was not the kind of man I wanted as my husband, so I decided to give him a chance to change. He didn't like me the way I was either, so he decided to give me a chance to change. Neither one of us took the "opportunity" to change into what the other person wanted. And neither of us was happy being married to the person we were married to.

Sound familiar?

L
I like how you quoted opportunity! My AH is trying to get me to 'change back' yet he knows there's no going back. And, yes, it sounds very familiar.

I like what Dandylion said, too. You know, I've been in tears on and off this week and my Ah asked me if I was Ok because he saw that I had been crying. I'm still fascinated that he even noticed or even cared to address me about it but in reality I told him I was fine. I wasn't about to tell him the depth of what I've been going through and feeling, even though he seemed to care at the time. And, of course, he asks while our son was standing right there so I wasn't about to open up in front of both of them! What I realized is that my dad would lay into me if I started to cry and my AH used to accuse me of using tears to manipulate him or guilt him. So, for years I wouldn't let myself cry. It's weird how all of a sudden now, I can't seem to stop.