View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 10:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

So so sorry. God is this familiar. You make a mistake and the crazy A flips and uses it as justification to abuse you.

Accidentally locking your keys in the car is bound to happen to us all. You're not a bad mom at all. Your xAH is abusive and unreasonable and used this situation as a way to unload all his BS on you which had NOTHING to do with locking the keys in the car.

If the "heat" is on him it's bc he brought it. If he is planning to drive to work that's a bad idea and on him.

I would NOT be in a car alone with him again. Or in a car with him with your kids in the car either. That is a debacle waiting to happen. Youre a good person who was trying to help him out and he abused you for it.

As for his asking you about your drinking! LOL!!!! He is the alcoholic with a DUI. You don't need to JADE (justify, argue, defend or explain) ANYTHING to him. Anything at all you tell him he will twist and throw at you and make you question yourself just as you are saying you are doing now bc of your interacting with him.

I think that you are nice and decent to him bc you are a good sane person and assume that goodwill begets goodwill. You have kids together and figure that it makes sense to be kind and helpful and with courts screaming about co parenting, you're likely trying to show that youre cooperative. Same with me. But with an A, they can't be cooperative or decent bc it's all about them. It's about their needs, their resentments, their deflecting of any responsibility...

If you can, I would try and have limited contact with him.

So sorry he's been so nasty to you. Sadly it's not unfamiliar and I feel like I am reading my own story of past interactions with my xAH when I read about yours