Old 04-19-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
jerect
Restoring myself to sanity

My EXAH smoked spice among other things but it was the spice that broke the camels back. It led me to divorce him. He was never a violent person when he was on all of the pills etc but spice did something to his brain that made him crazy. I came home one day and approached him ( something you must never do to an addict when he is high) and he pushed me.. Done the end, I put up with a lot of **** but physical violence I was not going to tolerate. I filed for divorce a few days later and that was the best decision I ever made.

Like you, I got very involved with my addict very quickly. After two months of knowing him he was living with me and a few months after that we were married. I thought i could help him, I thought I could save him, instead I lost myself in his addiction and lived through five years of hell. Almost a year and a half after our divorce I'm still struggling with some issues stemming from that relationship. Go back and read my earlier posts and you will see what kind of life I lived with the addict in my home.

You are young and you have the world by the tail.. Please please dont make the same mistake I did. Chances are if he is smoking spice he is taking other drugs too.. Run honey, run as fast and as far away as you can