View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
CodeJob

Originally Posted by dancingnow View Post
Wow same hear with me and my RAH with a little over a year sober.

I stopped us going to marriage counseling because it just wasn't doing anything. My RAH has a personality of doing the motions just to appease me but nothing really comes of it. He is closed up tight emotionally and sorry to say I feel raw pain as we continue to live in this friends not really intimate relationship.

I am in the just working on myself mode too. Going to totally transition into a new career this year and will take a lot of focus and work. I am excited about that.

RAH is starting to see a counselor on his own. He just gets me so worked up though. Took him a month to find someone and then turns out she wasn't even covered under our insurance. He spent $330 for 1 session and has yet to see about insurance reimbursement which I doubt will be much. We can't afford that kind of counseling.

It's stuff like this that just piles on my lack of respect for him as he navigates his way trying to take care of himself. It just doesn't come easy for him to balance everything and maybe some of it is he "doesn't do it my way" but sheesh what I do sometimes just seems to make common sense.

Good for you CJ working on your program. I need to take a lesson from you and focus more of myself on that.

Thanks for your post CJ and others for posting as it's nice to relate to others as I don't take big bold steps toward "D" but it still looms in the background.
Hi Dancing! Last night my twice D friend (one A, one rescue project) and I were discussing how it is worse to be lonely IN a relationship than lonely alone. My T told me this a few sessions ago and it keeps circling in my head. My friend thinks she has cured herself from wanting to save others, but I promised her another reason NOT to leave is at the moment I fear I'd just pick up the next emotionally closed off guy I run into. I just keep putting all of my restless energy into my program or running and lately a bit of spring cleaning....

Thanks for sharing your story here. It makes me think of all my peeps on SR and sometimes it makes me more patient in my own life.