View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
redatlanta

Originally Posted by findingmyself14 View Post
I wish someone would dedicate their f'ing patience to my recovery. I feel as though I can't step out of line. He's the first one to point out the mistake. .
See here is where I find you got problems. Screw his patience - seems you are projecting your own behaviors onto him and how you THINK he should be. You helped him, shouldn't he help you?

It doesn't work that way. Recovery is personal. Helping can be codependent. I am not talking about encouragement - what exactly do you want him to do?

Have you written a script and he is not following?

I think it hardest to reconnect while in recovery. The person is different and the relationship odd. My RAH also points out mistakes. I simply tell him to fix them LOL.

I hope I am not coming across as harsh and certainly not on the side of your RAH. Yet I hear in your post a neediness or something along the lines of wanting him to be responsible for the way you feel and he is saying no. He is telling you to work your program and leave him out of it.

So do it. That's the way it should be. Stop giving any of your energy to him - let him take care of him. That to me is the best way to navigate back to a healthy relationship. If you find the situation intolerable then by all means move or ask him to. You gotta do what's best for you now NOT what (you think) is best for him.

Might suggest some marriage counseling as he is sober. That could do you both a world of good in getting through this time.