View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
grateful6982

Struggling with RAH

I am very grateful that my H has been sober over 4 months now. However, he has been home from treatment for nearly a month and I am really struggling. I have been the only one working for almost 2 years. I know he wants to be back working but I am growing more and more impatient as the struggle to feed our family and keep a roof over our heads continues.
He used to tell me (when he was using) that he had a job prospect just to get me off his back. He said to me last week that he has a job opportunity that he just has to find a ride there to talk to the owner. Well, of course, this put me right back in that old state of mind. I do not want to be the overbearing wife. I am trying to just stay on my side of the street and focus on letting him find his way. I am trying to reign in my codependent brain. But this is freaking important. My work cut my hours and so we are really struggling. I am really resenting him for not having a job yet. If I say anything he says that he is trying but I just feel like he could try harder. I am sorry this is so rambly.. I am just at my wits end here. He is so focused on recovery and I am truly grateful for that, but I have been doing this on my own for so long and I NEED HELP! How do I put that in terms that don't make me a nagging codependent lunatic? Any support or insight is appreciated.