View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thanks all for the inspiring words.

My mother used to have a plate that hung on her kitchen wall, it read "You've Got To Have A Dream Before It Can Come True".

I think of that often. I think of that when I don't see my life going anywhere or when I think I have run out of dreams, especially in my darker days of codependence.

When I found my balance again in recovery, in my meetings and here, I once again saw the "possibilities", the "ya know, maybe I CAN's" and the "just do it's" and set my sights on making some new dreams come true.

I took up photography because I love nature and that inspired me to go find it, even by myself some days. That led me to becoming a birder, watching and identifying many different birds here and in the south where I winter. That led me to bigger nature, like gators and manatee and dolphins and panthers and bobcats...really beautiful creatures that make my heart gasp with joy.

Each dream leads to another, each possibility brings more opportunties, and each one of these helped me overcome the fear I carried for so long. I wasted too much time in the darkness of fear and will spend whatever remaining days I have in the joy of adventure and discovery and making more dreams come true. I better have a lot of days/years/decades left...it's a big and beautiful world, all mine to discover.

And..all of this...each step of the journey...depends on what I do next...what I choose and commit to doing with my life.

None of us has to stay stuck, I know because nobody was ever more stuck than I was and somehow, by the grace of God, I became unstuck and found a light I could follow called recovery and 12 little steps that would guide me my entire life.

Happy Easter dear friends, take time to decide what you will do next, then make a commitment to yourself to do it. You CAN if you believe in yourself and your dreams. Our dreams no longer depend on anyone else but ourselves to fulfill them.

Hugs