View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 12:20 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
LoveMeNow
Getting there!!

While I too believe our system is very flawed, I find myself wanting to also defend it so others do not get completely discouraged.

I am not placing blame or shame on anyone but to an outsider (judge, case worker, law enforcement, etc), we have 2 parents who have a contentious relationship. Both have been arrested for DV (guilty or not), lots of he said, she said allegations, allegations of child abuse (physical)' now this allegation. This needs to be investigated. I agree supervised visits are a must until it is . But I have personally seen vindictive parents (not you WTBH) make all kinds of false allegations, destroy relationships, in some cases ruining careers, and reputations etc. The child has not confirmed to the therapist the suspicions and yet has been "questioned" twice already when she may not be mentally or emotionally ready to share anything yet.....which can be very damaging to her and damaging to a future conviction, if sought. IME, I seen too many therapists jump the gun, make the call before the child was emotionally ready and "comfortable" to discuss it. I have seen some that I KNOW were guilty walk because of this, and/or he state rushing for a prosecution, and have seen these sickos walk free.

It's unfortunate but it take times to build a solid case based on facts. Suspicions and allegations are not fact. The pictures will be evidence but a child needs to be emotionally ready to be honest and that is very difficult for most because whether we like it or not, most still love the abuser and feel a loyalty to them.

I know this post will not be a popular one but it's my experience and i pray the truth is revealed, justice is sought, and most importantly, your daughter gets the care she needs.

Sadly, often times the child's best interest is not the primary goal in our system. I have seen it and lived it myself. It's very sad!

Keeping you all in my prayers.