View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
DaveyT

Hey guys, I'm afraid that no I can't really do anything to ignore the pain, just try to imagine someone sticking a needle into your leg muscle, you can't really put it out of mind. Over the years I have developed some coping strategies, watching a film and trying to lose myself in it or music can slightly reduce things but it can nenver be ignored. A very hot bath helps relieve some of the muscle pain, this is simply because the pain causes tension and the heat helps release that tension. This is why the pain is usually worse in the winter as well as muscles tighten up even more when it's cold.

Other than that it's just riding it out and hoping it reduces soon so I don't have to continue taking the maximum dose of pain meds. As I told received when I take the maximum dose I have disturbed sleep as I get really vivid nightmares which I've been told are directly related to the opiate painkillers. And as I've said before, I hate this awful fuzzy feeling the opiates cause. It's like I'm not quite here, mentally everything feels slow and my coordination is off. But it's better than the severe pain I guess.

Lol glad to have you guys to complain to, otherwise I think I'd go nuts, or more likely just end up in a bottle again.