View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
chicory

Dear Luisa,

I am not a drinker myself, but am here because I have a son who is. I have been around SR for a while and I have seen many posts like yours. Many have been so very afraid, with different symptoms, and some scary ones. It seems that most of the time they have gone to the doctor and have been able to recover. The body seems very able to heal itself, when you stop the drinking of the poison that is alcohol.
Try not to worry too much. Anxiety is hard on you too. Many others have felt the very fear you are feeling, but came out alright. You are right to be afraid, as you have seen what it does to your body, but please, remember that most people , even with terrible symptoms, can recover and heal, when they quit drinking.

YOu have nine days too? that is wonderful. Think positive, eat right, get rest, and love yourself the way you want your daughter to love herself. She will learn from you.

I am sorry about your son. I can understand how people would want to hide from the pain, but life has its pain and heartache, and its best lived sober, for us , for our children, and because life is precious.

hugs to you. keep posting, and think positive. it will help. no more googling symptoms, anxiety will lead you to believe you have every disease you read about... I know,,, I did that once, too.

take care.
chicory