View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
lillamy

I hate shopping. Hate it with a vengeance. Hate it so much that if I ever get rich, I will hire a personal shopper to take my measurements, buy my clothes, and deliver them to my house. I think I would want that more than a house cleaner. That's how much I hate shopping.

DESPITE THAT, there was a period of time -- before AXH's drinking got totally out of control and we barely had money for food -- when online shopping was a passive-aggressive way for me to get back at him. My justification was that he spent over $600 a month on booze (that's only what I estimated based on the bottles I actually saw in the recycling) and so I deserved something too, dammit!!!

When I left him, I pared my wardrobe down by 90%. And I still wasn't lacking for clothes. It wasn't addictive behavior for me, it was "F YOU!" behavior. If he could waste money, then so could I.

That's the only ESH I have on the subject... I think codependency makes us crazy in different ways -- I know codies who have tried to drink with their As to show them how unattractive a drunk is; I know codies who have eaten themselves to 350 pounds; I know codies who have cheated on their A with really disgusting men... we just get a bit crazy. In different ways.