View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 11:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MamaCas

Need to confess...

The A in my life is someone else's son and my grandson's 'dad'. When life gets tough (rent due, warrants issues, etc) the A almost always has a "seizure". His parents will then pay his rent/legal fees/etc because they believe the "seizure" is brought on by stress. I, however, believe the "seizure" is fake. This weekend the A made no attempt to see his son (my daughter usually meets him at a local coffee shop and he sees him...supervised...for about thirty minutes) and then came up with this story about how he'd had three seizures from Friday to Sunday. He claimed to have one of them at a local restaurant. So...here's where the confession comes in...I called the restaurant and pretended I was someone I'm not to get them to tell me about the incident. They told me walked in the door and collapsed in the doorway. No one was with him. It was right around the time he was supposed to be at work (a couple blocks away). Are these the lengths he's willing to go to to protect his story????

I'm mad at myself for picking up the detective hat again!!! But, I'm also tired of him thinking he's fooloing us. My daughter is going to a lawyer on Thursday to discuss the situation and get a clear understanding of her rights/responsibilities. I don't think I can take it if this baby is forced to have unsupervised visits or even (God forbid!) overnight visits.

I'm sorry for ANYONE who has to suffer with an addict in their life!!! How do we protect this sweet, innocent, child from this life?