View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

Becoming a shopaholic

Ok I need help! I have been on a spending spree lately. Mostly buying clothes and replacing junk in my drawers but I also find myself desiring to find time to shop. I am not spending thousands and I still bargain shop and use coupons, etc, it's just that I am developing a bad habit and it is really starting to bother me, big time.

This has been going on for about 6 months now and is increasingly getting the better of me. I have been trying to figure out if is is just an f you to my AH, if I'm just bored, if I'm trying to fill a void, if I'm trying to stockpile my closet for the days when I know I will be broke and single.....ugh! I have been working with my therapist on trying to figure just what is is I feel when I spend but I find that it's all those things I mentioned above.

I know it needs to stop. I know I need to start putting away more resources for the future and say 'screw the clothes, who cares what you dress like?'. It's truly a compulsion. I have tried to use program tools but find that I justify it by using my excuses above. It's sad and it's depressing me. Great, so now I'll be the best dressed depressed person in my circles of friends, lol.

Just looking for ESH on this. I am going to contact my program friends and try to find an accountability partner. I only talk to my sponsor once a week and with 15 sponsees I find that she's too busy for daily check ins. I have also been contemplating finding a new sponsor, as well, because I just feel that I need more connection. I think this is something I need to bring up to her soon and if she can't be available then I might need to move on. Anyway, if you guys can shed some light on this, I'd truly appreciate it. I feel like the fact that I just put it out there is a start.