View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 06:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
jacrazz

Originally Posted by Pipefish View Post
Your past, unless it has a direct bearing on your ability to be present in the relationship emotionally, physically, spiritually if that counts for you, has nothing to do with him, and is for you to share and reveal as trust develops, and intimacy grows.
And there you have it! My dysfunctional past being raised in a home with an Alcoholic father had a direct affect on all my relationships. I was brought up in a "EVERYTHING IS FINE" world... LIES! Lying is the foundation of an alcoholic household. I didnt ever realize this until very recently. Why did I lie?
Because I wanted to avoid confrontation, and not let him see the real me, the me with flaws. Low self esteem...there is another one I didnt know I suffered from, because I thought I had it all together...WOW, when I finally figured it out, it wasnt so pretty. I feel very blessed to have been able to have the courage to start to make postitive changes. And to be honest, I really dont know if i would have had somebody not ask me "Why did you lie?" Hmmmmm, why did I? I didnt have to so let me look into this further....